Saturday, May 14, 2016

The DNA testing journey begins... Part 2

So I'm back to try to finish the story before this weekend is up...and too much time passes...and I forget the details from the newbie perspective. I'm really excited that the younger ones in my family are interested, and hopefully I can help them if they consider this in the future in their own lives. The tests didn't come back for a little more than 6 weeks, so I really got a test in patience. I'm still waiting on the results from the matriclan test and trying my best not to shake down the postman. In the meantime, my fiance' and I made guesses about what the results would be.

His guesses are in the first column and mine are in the second. We had some things right and some were really WRONG.
 

I'll do some in-depth posts on the results later, but for now here's a quick comparison.

He actually ended up being 84% African with the majority of that from Benin/Togo (33%). He didn't really know where that was and had already decided that he was "King Congo" based on - well nothing. He just liked how it sounded. (I love him.) So, I think he was very surprised.

I ended up being 77% African (say wha?) with the majority of that being from Nigeria (29%). I didn't figure that my Nigerian percentage would be that high so I was surprised.

...and I spend a lot of time studying African culture and religion. How could he be more African than moi?! I demand a recount!

Again, we are having a lot of fun with this...

So far, he is more African than everyone that we know that has taken the test. Granted, that is not very many people, but still... The funny thing is that he is albino, and has been called "white boy" and "red man" all of his life by family and friends. Turns out, he's probably more African than us all!

He has informed us that he would now like to be addressed as "King Togo/Congo". Tee hee hee.

Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment