Monday, July 4, 2016

My Promethease experience

One of the first places that I took my raw DNA download from Ancestry.com was to a company named Promethease.com. My coworker had previously hipped me to this company when he explained to me that 23andme.com had stopped providing medical info (they have since started back).

For $5, I was able to see what conditions I am most and least at risk for. They even say something about being able to smell asparagus in urine (not sure what that is about), some reactions i might have to certain medications, and more.

It is a very detailed report, and some things in it may contradict others. For instance i had several factors that put me at risk for a condition, but i would also have positive factors that would lower my risk for that same condition.

What i took away from it is to start exercising and eating healthier because I can die from just about everything. However, if I take care of myself virtually nothing (in my genes) will do me harm, and I have the potential of living to see a very old age.

This is one of those reports that you will need to save because they only keep your raw DNA for a very limited time (45 days) before they delete it from their system. After that you will need to pay again.

I do not recommend this report if you have a tendancy to act "extra", are a hypochondriac, a drama king/queen, etc. This report does NOT diagnose you with any conditions. It may be helpful if you are working in conjunction with physicians and having symptoms that are difficult to diagnose or are having complications with medication. Again, I said it MAY help. I have not used this report in that way so I do NOT know. It may actually be no help to you at all.

1 comment:

  1. It was an excellent information for testing for a DNA test with such coding gives useful which helps to cure some disease through the test results.
    23andme health
    mthfr c677t
    promethus dna
    prometheus genetics

    ReplyDelete